Wednesday 4 June 2014

May favourites!

Hey guys!

So, who can believe we're in June already? This year is going crazy quick! However, as we are in June, here are my May favourites for you, enjoy!

First off, I have The Perks Of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. I love this book, and was reading it throughout the whole of May! I saw the movie before I read the book, and ever since I saw it, I knew I had to get the book version too! I cried at some of it, laughed at some, and just really felt like I was part of the book. If you have seen the movie, I highly recommend reading the book, you'll love it!


Next up are my beauty favourites.

First off, I have my Maybelline Eyebrow pencil in Soft Brown. I love this eyebrow pencil, and started using it more during May. It isn't too thick and 'gloopy' (I couldn't think of a different word) on my eyebrows, it feels as though there isn't any product on them! It makes them look fuller and thicker, and I just love it!


Next up is one of my new favourute things! My Nyx Color Lip Balm. I recently went on holiday to Malta, and whilst walking round Sliema with my sister, we discovered a Nyx shop! Obviously, we couldn't not go in, and even though it was a small shop, we spent a good 45 minutes just in awe over the products! I ended up buying an eyebrow powder (which I can't find *sad face*) and this lip balm. I have the shade Shukran, which is a very pale pink colout (I forgot to swatch it, sorry!) and it leaves my lips feeling soft, with a hint of a colour. I use this pretty much daily, and I hope to go back to Sliema soon to buy more!




One of my other favourties for May is my tangle tease. I don't have the actual tangle tease, I got this one from the pound shop! However, I love it! It stays in my handbag and goes everywhere with me. I use it all the time and I love it.




One of my most favourite things has been my foundation. I actually bought this because of my sister; her skin always looked so nice, and she told me it was this foundation, so naturally, I bought some! I love the way this foundation looks on my face, as it looks and feels like I'm not wearing any, but still gives me a lot of coverage! It lasts for ages, and unlike most - correction, all - foundations I've used in the past, it doesn't go patchy or orange on my skin.


This next favourite is something I've only started using recently. Its the mascara I got free with Company magazine in March (I think). I didn't like this mascara at first, but as I've used it more, it has become one of my favourites! I use it as a base coat for my normal mascara, and I also use this one on my bottom lashes, as my regular mascara makes them 100x longer than they are, which looks weird!



My final favourite is my Mac eyeshadow. My mum got me this when she went on a college trip to the Mac shop in Nottingham, and I just love it! I have the shade 'Woodwinked' and it is a gold / brown colour with a hint of shimmer. I use this pretty much daily on my lids with my liquid eyeliner on top, and it is a simple look, but compliments any outfit (or so I've found!)


 


Hope you enjoyed my May favourites, see you soon!

Alice xox

No comments:

Post a Comment