Sunday 26 January 2014

'The Empty Shop'

Ok, so the other day, I was walking round Manchester Arndale centre after uni, and I noticed something unusual.

There was this thing set up, and when I walked over to have a look at it, one of the people there explained to me what it was.

It is this idea called 'The Empty Shop', which started in Brazil (if I remember correctly), and it is a place where you can go and donate all your old clothes, and they get sent to charity and help homeless people.

Unfortunately, I lost the flyer they gave me, and I can't remember much about it, but I have found an article about it if you want to give it a read!

http://www.mustardtree.org.uk/2013/12/the-empty-shop-2/

I'm not entirely sure if its still up in Manchester, but hopefully there will be one near you soon!

Alice xox

No comments:

Post a Comment